in the four entries below, the reader finds four Wikipedia descriptions of CDF, the Constructive Developmental Framework, in Japanese, Spanish, Italian, and German, respectively.The English version of the Wikipedia article on CDF is found at:
The original Wikipedia text, written in German, is owed to Prof. Bruno Frischherz, Hochschule fuer Wirtschaft, Luzern, Switzerland. Nick Shannon, London, UK, translated the German version into English. The translations of the English version were made by my students Yohei Kato (Japan), Daniel Alvarez Lama (Spain), and Marco Di Monte (Italy). Matthias Lehmann, Germany, was the coordinator.
While it is outwardly a suite of assessment instruments that support semi-structured social-emotional and cognitive interviewing in organizations, respectively, CDF is more than a methodology of research. It has developed into a consulting approach, a teaching approach, and a coaching approach, all of them favoring a dialogical over a monological strategy for working with clients, whether individuals or teams. CDF is therefore best viewed as a methodology for developmentally deepened process consultation in the sense of Edgar Schein’s work.
Writings about CDF — articles and slide sets aside — comprise 3 books by Otto Laske, 1 on social-emotional and 2 on cognitive development and dialectic.
- The early editions of these writings are in book form and found at Amazon; the newer editions, in pdf form, can be purchased on this website, at https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/ For pdf purchases from this website allow 24 hours for delivery by email.
- The social-emotional volume exists in 5 languages:
- English (2nd edition 2011), Measuring Hidden Dimensions: The Art and Science of Fully Engaging Adults, Amazon; 3rd edition (2017) in pdf form, )
- German (1st edition 2010, Humanpotenziale erkennen, wecken, und messen: Amazon; pdf at https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/)
- French (1st edition 2012; A la decouverte du potentiel humain, Amazon; 2nd edition: pdf at https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/)
- Spanish (1st edition 2015; Reconocer, despertar y medir el potencial humano; 2nd edition: pdf at https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/ ).
- Japanese,心の隠された領域の測定成人以降の心の発達理論と測定手法 (2nd edition, pdf, https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/).
- The cognitive volume, Measuring Hidden Dimensions: Foundations of Requisite Organization, is available only in English, in two editions:
- 1st edition 2008 (Amazon).
- 2nd edition 2017 (Alan Snow, ed.), comprising 2 parts, Measuring Hidden Dimensions and the Dialectical Thought Form Manual, can be purchased separately or together at https://interdevelopmentals.org/publications/
- Dialectical thinking for integral leaders: A Primer (2015; Integral Publishers) is available at Amazon.
The application of CDF to strengthening self-organization and collaborative intelligence in teams is found in Jan De Visch & Otto Laske’s book entitled Dynamic collaboration: Strengthening self-organization and collaborative intelligence in teams (June 2018) an introduction to which is found at https://interdevelopmentals.org/foreword-to-accelerating-collaborative-intelligence-in-teams-how-to-manage-the-transition-to-self-organization/ .