In the set of slides attached to this blog, the reader finds my presentation on cognitive coaching of January 2019, presented to a London consulting firm, MDV. The purpose of my workshop was to teach consultants a new form of developmental assessment and, based on it, of developmental thinking that is increasingly in demand in distributed-leadership organizations striving to become self-organizing. The workshop’s distinct purpose was to contribute to augmenting the quality of team dialogue, as well as of critical facilitation of team dialogue, by scrutinizing the dialectical structure of human movements-in-thought, both in life and at work.
The Table of Contents of the presentation is as follows:
1. The New Coaching Environment
2. Resources for Developmental Coaching
3. Essentials of Team Coaching
4. The Mental Space of Coaching in the Three Houses
5. Overview of Cognitive Coaching Tools Provided by DTF
6. A Developmental Look at Organizations
7. Exercises: The Three Managers
8. The Art and Science of Cognitive Interviewing
9. Appendix: Thought Form Tables
10. Short Bibliography.